[vlc-devel] commit: Let the input bufferize more data when possible. (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jul 19 21:44:48 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009, xxcv wrote:
> git version control wrote:
>> vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Thu Jul 16
>> 14:50:16 2009 +0200| [2f9d9766dfe25f100ef04d0d812aebdd18401c0d] |
>> committer: Laurent Aimar
>>
>> Let the input bufferize more data when possible.
>>
> Hi,
> I just noticed that ... now vlc will take "a bit longer" to finish
> quitting it seems to be waiting for more data to come.
> Time is increased between "main decoder debug: removing module
> "avcodec"" and "main input debug: releasing aout".
> For a HD clip it took approximately 1.5 seconds (or more) to finish
> quitting vlc.exe process with a lot more decoder warnings.
> The binary is with --disable-optimize-memory support.
> This problem affects "avcodec" decoder.
> Shutting down got delayed. Is it possible that video decoders get killed
> at first priority?
> So that it won't have to wait for more data?
 Are you sure it is related to this commit?

 The commit does not force waiting for more data, it just lets the input
read the file a bit faster until enough data are buffered. It should not
slowdown VLC in anyway.
 Does it happens with a local file? Could you test with multiple types of
files?

Regards,

--
fenrir