[vlc-devel] [Troll] VLC 1.1 name

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Mon Jul 20 12:29:00 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 12:29:17AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> Yellow Bastard will give us issues with PR, I am afraid.

If that is a problem then _Sin City_ is out entirely, IMO.

_AEon Flux_ might be a viable alternative.

>  - New James Bond movie?

A film seems apt and spy films, not merely bond films, might be an
interesting pattern-pattern.

I was thinking _The World Is Not Enough_ for 2.0, but it seems that
the list of usable character names is a bit short. _You Only Live
Twice_ also has potential, but also the same problem.

For a viable pattern we need, say, at least 10 usable names. Usable
names means names not recurring in the series (ie not Bond, M, Q, etc.).

If not a bond movie, then _Duplicity_ seems a nice 2.0 name.

Or perhaps _The IPCRESS File_ as a pattern except with "Harry Palmer" as
a 2.0 namer.

Further suggestions:

- _Where Eagles Dare_
- _That Man From Rio_