[vlc-devel] How to get frame index?

Maxim Kizub mkizub at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 17:05:34 CEST 2009

Hello.

I'm working on face recognition (using OpenCV and others) in video.
For an input video I'm creating an index file, with detected face
rectangles listed for each video frame.
I'd like to use VLC to display and manually edit these rectangles
(around faces). I've wrote a video-filter, which reads these frame
indexes and associated rectangles, and draws them on the video.
But unfortunately, I cannot synchronize video frames in VLC and
video frames from OpenCV. In VLC I have only field 'date' in
picture_t, not the frame index.
I spent 2 days trying to find out how to get the frame index in VLC,
but no luck. I understand, that exact frame index cannot be found
for streams with data loss, but I need to process only files from HDD.

Is there a way to find out the current frame index in video filter?