[vlc-devel] std-in and VLC on MacOS X

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 22 14:58:49 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have a user asking whether VLC on the Mac accepts input via stdin:

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=61875

He indicates he has tried, but without success (it works with the
Linux version). The reason he is looking for this support is to be
able to function with 'clover', to capture DV from firewire:

http://www.remix.net/static/clover/

Does anyone know whether the Mac version allows this?

On a side note, it could be interesting to include the functionality
of Clover as part of VLC - the code appears to be using LGPL. I will
open up a ticket if anyone feels the same.

André