[vlc-devel] Access to filter chains inside libvlc in 1.0.0

jboileau jboileau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:40:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I recompile libvlc (and libvlccore) to add a few additions to the API
I need. Platform = Win32. The last time I did this was for 0.9.4 but
now with this new great release of 1.0.0 I decided to generate a new
version of my lib. There seems to be some changes to the internals
which makes some of the my code not compiling anymore. I guess there
might be some new, better way, of doing what I need. So hopefully
someone can point these out to me. Here is what I need to to do:

1. I used to have access to the filter chains for subpicture and
video filter 2 to add and remove filters. In 0.9.4 I would do things
like:

vout_thread_t *p_vout = GetVout( p_mi, p_e );
filter_chain_AppendFromString(p_vout->p_vf2_chain, "adjust");
filter_chain_AppendFromString(p_vout->p_spu->p_chain, psz_name);

but the structure of vout_thread_t has changed and does not give me
access to the filter chains. Has there been a new way to get these
implemented?

2. I also used this API to generate a snapshot. Is there a new way to
do the same?
vout_Control( p_vout, VOUT_SNAPSHOT );

Thanks for your help,

Jacques Boileau