[vlc-devel] Where to find TS demux code?

YANG, Lin oxcsnicho at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 11:53:11 CEST 2009

Hi,

New to VLC, so excuse me for any silly question.

I've been trying to code a MPEG-TS muxer that produces multi-program
TS stream, and now it is finished. Unfortunately, VLC cannot recognize
the multi programs, although mplayer plays it quite well. I've double
checked and ensured that the PAT/PMT tables are correctly generated.
Thus I'm curious how a TS file is demuxed in VLC.

Can anyone point me to some documentations how a demuxer works in VLC?
(not found on the wiki) or point me to any files in the git source
that contains the demuxing code? (It would be great if the names of
the functions containing the code can also be specified ; )
Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
Lin