[vlc-devel] Theora/Ogg encoding

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 25 15:48:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

I'm seeing Ogg/Theora encoding is buggy. One of the problems is that the
granpos from libtheora is ignored, and reconstructed.
Would it be deemed alright to use the i_length mtime_t member from block_t
to store this granpos in the theora encoder, and pull it in the ogg muxer ?
FWIW, GStreamer does a similar dance to store granpos somewhere which
wasn't supposed to hold a granpos.
Alternatively, one could add a granpos field to block_t (or, say, a extra_info
field which the ogg muxer would use for granpos), but I'm not sure if block_t
is supposed to be part of the ABI.

Cheers