[vlc-devel] Theora/Ogg encoding

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Sat Jul 25 17:01:50 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009, ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com wrote:
> >  Is it complicated to reconstruct the granpos at the muxer side? What
> > information is needed ?
>
> For Theora, you need to know when was the last keyframe, and the
> number of keyframes total output so far. I think that should be enough.
 It's not complicated to compute it then :)
 For keys frame detection, you just have to read block_t::i_flags
( & BLOCK_FLAG_TYPE_I) to know if it is a key frame or not.
 Of course, the theora encoder and ogg demuxer should set it, but
then the value is correctly transported by sout and input.

--
fenrir