[vlc-devel] libvlc API: Add equalizer to audio.c

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Tue Jul 28 12:04:08 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

> >> enable equalizer ? shouldn't be: libvlc_audio_equalizer_new(bool
> >> b_enable)
> >
> > No I don't think that's a good approach.
> >
> > The equalizer should be enabled depending on each particular
> > media_player using libvlc_media_player_set_equalizer().
>
> Hmmmmmmm, I agree. But we cannot blame Cyril for the fact that VLC still
> uses a single audio output per instance...
 There is only one audio output BUT the equalizer filter is inserted per
decoded audio stream.
 The configuration of the inserted equalizer filter is by *default* retreived
from the aout object (which is unique per instance).
 The variable "equalizer" from the aout does change all equalizer filters
at the same time.

 So at the end, you can do what you want, it's 'just' an external API issue if
you want to control per input, but there is no design issues I think.

--
fenrir