[vlc-devel] VLC 1.1.0-git crash on mosaic start up and VLC 1.0.0 mosaic memory leaks

Denis dis_frost at visionica.com
Tue Jul 28 12:08:25 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to run vlc showing 2x2 mosaic. My os is ubuntu 9.04.
vlc is taken from ppa https://launchpad.net/~c-korn/+archive/vlc
But vlc 1.0.0 leaks on mosaic. After 2 hours of running it eats about 2
GB of memory and about 1GB of swap.

Moreover, when you run vlc thread that should build mosaic it does not
leak, but when you start another vlc instance that streams picture to
mosaic, vlc instance that builds mosaic starts leaking.

I start mosaic with a command vlc -I telnet --vlm-conf ./mosaic.conf
and another vlc instance that streams to udp port:  vlc -vvv -I dummy
fake:// --fake-file=fake_streamer.jpg --fake-file-reload=60 --fake-fps=4
--sout
'#transcode{vcodec=mp4v,vb=300,fps=1,mux=ts,width=320,height=200}:standard{access=udp,mux=ts,dst=localhost:1235}'

Then I decided to check latest vlc sources from git.
vlc-1.1.0-git died on initializing inputs. Please take a look at logs in
attachments.

I would like to ask you take a look at these issues and point me
direction that I should move next.

Thank you in advance,

Denis Moroz.