[vlc-devel] [rfc] Make vlc-plugin discover its path by itself

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Tue Jul 28 14:40:31 CEST 2009

In order to make easier for common and random users to enjoy the
vlcplugin I started working on packaging vlc as a firefox xpi.

One of the problems right now is due how the plugin discovers the module
path. Since in macosx it is hardcoded and in windows it relies on the
system registry that made the plugin unable to load any module.

since I'd like to have the xpi just a packaging and not require strange
rebuilds (like tring to link everything as a single library) I came up
with a patch you can see there

https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3004

It makes the plugin use the path in which resides as base to construct
the module one. It should work correctly for normal install and xpi install.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member