[vlc-devel] commit: macosx: basic Sparkle integration ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:03:33 CEST 2009

Am 30.07.2009 um 02:00 schrieb git version control:

> vlc | branch: master | Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne at videolan.org> | Thu
> Jul 30 01:52:20 2009 +0200|
> [143fd4d8c203b40ea0a3ff2efdff2c30c474963f] | committer: Felix Paul
> Kühne
>
> macosx: basic Sparkle integration
>
> Shows basic release notes and demonstrates the user experience.
> Actual updating not yet possible.

This is just a demo to experiment with. If we decide against the
framework, it can be easily withdrawn.

Note that only the appcast (really) needs to be accessed with HTTPS, a
1.5 kB text file currently hosted on jones [1] along with some dummy
release notes. The actual binary download can be performed with HTTP,
so we can make use of the usual mirroring infrastructure.

Best regards,

Felix

[1] http://jones.videolan.org/~videolan/fpk/sparkle/