[vlc-devel] Announce: brand new python bindings (ctypes-based)

Olivier Aubert olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr
Fri Jul 31 10:00:55 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-30 at 13:58 -0700, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 2:03 AM, Olivier
> Aubert<olivier.aubert at liris.cnrs.fr> wrote:
> > - the parsing code could be reused for other language bindings, in order
> > to automatize (at least part of) their generation too. I can also be
> > used to check the validity of includes. For instance, the following
> > functions:
> >    "libvlc_media_list_view_index_of_item",
> >    "libvlc_media_list_view_insert_at_index",
> >    "libvlc_media_list_view_remove_at_index",
> >    "libvlc_media_list_view_add_item",
> > are defined in include files, but are not implemented and this part of
> > the code has not seen any recent activity. The code should either be
> > implemented, or the prototypes removed from the includes.
>
> Right. They must be not be in the media_list.h header, as this is a
> separate object. They have to be in media_list_view.h.
Indeed, they are in media_list_view.h. But are completely unimplemented.

> I am not against removing that API, has we certainly have no third
> party using it.
OK. From the git log, it looks like you are the one who introduced it
when you splitted libvlc.h (in
a6bb43df184076e378d7c0bcf8b1df06db2ee7eb ). I'll let you decide the
functions you want to remove, and the ones that you want to implement...

Olivier