[vlc-devel] [Patch] Adding a libvlc_media_add_option_non_unique

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 10:30:12 CEST 2009

Hi,

For various reasons, I had to use a libvlc_media_t to represent an
unique media, which can be used with multiple parameters.
The problem is, libvlc_media_add_option call the input_item_AddOption
with the VLC_INPUT_OPTION_UNIQUE, which prevents the option
overwriting.
This patch adds a function that doesn't toggle the
VLC_INPUT_OPTION_UNIQUE flag, thus allowing the developer to overwrite
an old option.

I know that this behaviour can seems odd, since a media is (most of
the time) loaded by a media_player and then played, and therefore
doesn't require option value overwriting, but in my case, i have to
load the same media (with different option values) from different
media_player.

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen