[vlc-devel] Respecting existing CYGWIN options

Catalin Patulea cat at vv.carleton.ca
Wed Jun 3 22:02:10 CEST 2009

2009/6/3 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> If it's Cygwin-specific, it is distro-specific.
By that logic, wouldn't you remove the CYGWIN= line altogether? After
all, that is also Cygwin-specific.

> We don't put Debian standardized building nobs into bootstrap, do we?
Perhaps I haven't explained myself clearly enough. The CYGWIN
environment variable controls the behaviour of _all_ Cygwin commands,
including those executed by bootstrap. Therefore, I need bootstrap to
respect my pre-existing options that I have set externally in CYGWIN,
and *append* to the list of options, rather than discarding my options
and setting only "binmode".

You can read more on the CYGWIN environment variable here:
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

It doesn't seem like much to ask for..