[vlc-devel] commit: Dot not quick select mod demuxer as it is not safe (false positives ). (Laurent Aimar )

Laurent Aimar fenrir at via.ecp.fr
Thu Jun 4 21:28:25 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 04, 2009, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> > vlc | branch: master | Laurent Aimar <fenrir at videolan.org> | Thu Jun  4 20:40:25 2009 +0200| [1d2ada1159d3f5a5512b3c9b4289cf960a95fc22] | committer: Laurent Aimar
> >
> > Dot not quick select mod demuxer as it is not safe (false positives).
> > -            { "mod",  "mod" }, { "it",  "mod" }, { "s3m",  "mod" }, { "xm",   "mod" },
>
> Sorry, but aren't .it, .s3m, .xm safe?
>
> I think just { "mod",  "mod" } should be removed.
 No.
 The problem is that the mod demuxer will sometimes say that it recognizes
the content as a mod/it/s3m/.. when it is not.

 So the safe way, is to let the normal procedure do its job (ie checking all
demuxer from higher to lower priority). In this case, all major/safe demuxers
will have a chance to correctly detect the file.

--
fenrir