[vlc-devel] Question about one VLC HOTKEY :::::::: please answer if You know solution ??!?!?

Jean-Paul Saman jpsaman at videolan.org
Sat Jun 13 17:48:50 CEST 2009

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le jeudi 11 juin 2009 22:41:36 jean-paul.saman at planet.nl, vous avez écrit :
>> AFACS this is due our whitelisting framework not listing the options --intf
>> and --vout as safe parameters. The next question that comes to mind is are
>> all modules with these capabilties safe?
>
> vout definitely is not (vmem). intf seems dubious as well with stuff like LUA.
>
> But the hotkeys interface is loaded inconditionally anyway.

This posses a problem for the webplugins, since they do not need an
interface and setting --intf=dummy is not allowed atm. Same kind of
trouble for the --vout=xxx if one doesn't want the platform default.

Any idea how to solve? Other then making some kludge that allows an
exception for --intf=dummy (for instance) or only allowing a specific
vout module (eg: minimal_macosx)

Gtz
Jean-Paul Saman.