[vlc-devel] Buildbot considered useless

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Sun Jun 14 05:59:51 CEST 2009

>- - wince : configure: error: LibVLC requires mingw-runtime version 3.15
>   or higher!

This is fixed, the toolchain needed to be updated.

If nobody minds, I'll add a wince branch buildbot too.

> - - win32 : ../../libtool: line 806: X--tag=CC: command not found

This might be a problem actually related to the build. This looks like
a bunch of problems I had recently when debian updated libtool from
version 1.5 to 2.2. When building libshout in the contribs, the Makefile
does:

libshout: libshout-$(SHOUT_VERSION).tar.gz
        $(EXTRACT_GZ)
ifdef HAVE_WIN32
        patch -p0 < Patches/libshout-win32.patch
        (cd $@; autoreconf && automake)
endif

If the tarball was bootstrapped with libtool 1.5, since we re-bootstrap
it with the libtool on altair (2.2), it might cause this problem.

Then, there is still the problem with windres when building pthreads,
which, interestingly enough, disappears when I strace it.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."