[vlc-devel] [Patch] Adding a libvlc_media_add_option_non_unique

Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen beauze.h at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 00:12:30 CEST 2009

2009/6/5 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:
> Le mardi 2 juin 2009 11:30:12 Hugo Beauzee-Luyssen, vous avez écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> For various reasons, I had to use a libvlc_media_t to represent an
>> unique media, which can be used with multiple parameters.
>> The problem is, libvlc_media_add_option call the input_item_AddOption
>> with the VLC_INPUT_OPTION_UNIQUE, which prevents the option
>> overwriting.
>> This patch adds a function that doesn't toggle the
>> VLC_INPUT_OPTION_UNIQUE flag, thus allowing the developer to overwrite
>> an old option.
>
> Perhaps we need to learn from our past mistakes and add a flag parameter to
> the new function?

This should fit what you were talking about.
I removed libvlc_media_add_option_untrusted, as it was almost unused,
and replaced it by a libvlc_media_add_option_flag function.
Even if some extern projects use the old _untrusted function,
switching to the new one shouldn't be too difficult.
I tested the libvlc exported part, however, i didn't test the c#
binding, nor the activex and mozilla modifications.

Regards,

--
Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen