[vlc-devel] commit: Port panoramix to X RandR with XCB (incomplete) ( R??mi Denis-Courmont )

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Fri Jun 19 15:42:03 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 12:11:45PM +0300, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> Quoting jpd at videolan.org:
>> Does it still build if you add --disable-xcb to your ./configure
>> arguments? That ``fixes'' the build here.
>
> Yes, this actually 'solves' for the build. With the side effect that
> every so far released version will no longer benefit from this feature.

I'm not familiar with the details here, so I have to ask: What
difference does it make to the end user? Other than that the libX11-only
implementation will inevitably fall in disrepair and cease to work
somewhere down the road now that someone is actively pushing xcb, that is.

> It seems we now require XCB 1.3, which might be a little bit a high target.

Then we'll need a configure check, unless someone implements this to be
backward compatible when appropriate.