[vlc-devel] MacOS X 32-bit and 64-bit

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Jun 19 23:46:21 CEST 2009

On 19 jun 2009, at 02:29, Andre-John Mas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see there are now 32-bit and 64-bit builds of VLC for Intel. The
> 64-bit build seems to work fine on my MacOS X 10.5.7, though the
> question is what should we be recommending users on Core 2 Duo
> machines to use? Are we confident with the relative stability of the
> 64-bit version to the 32-bit version?
>
> André-John

We have decided that even though we will make them available on the
server, we likely will not advertise the 64bit version when we release
1.0.0. It really is still quite Experimental. The 64bit version is
more our work in progress towards Snow Leopard, where it can really
show it's power (no need to reload the half the OS in 64bit mode,
which VLC 64bit will do on 10.5)

DJ