[vlc-devel] segmentation fault in 1.0.0rc(4)

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Tue Jun 23 22:00:48 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 15:04 +0000, embar at super.lt wrote:
> Hellow,
>
> I am using vlc, but all versions, I tried since 0.9.9a, get an error
> "segmentation fault". I use OpenSUSE 11.1 x86_64, I istalled from vlc
> repository. vlc starts only with option --ignore-config or --reset-config.
> I attach the output with option --verbose 2
>
> God luck!

Hello,

That's rather weird, and should of course not be. I'm running 1.0-rc4
successfully here.

try the following things:
rm -rf ~/.cache/vlc ~/.local/vlc

then try starting vlc again.

If this does not help you, please send me the output of:
rpm -q libffmpeg libavcodec "*vlc*"

Thank you very much. I'm sure we'll be able to resolve your crash.

Dominique

PS: I suggest also to CC me directly, as I do not follow the list on a 5
minute base and might miss your post.