[vlc-devel] commit: libvlc: Abort in case of unhandled exception. (Pierre d'Herbemont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Wed Jun 24 09:42:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 07:14:23 +0200, Sébastien Escudier
<sebastien-devel at celeos.eu> wrote:
> Quoting git version control <git at videolan.org>:
>
>> vlc | branch: master | Pierre d'Herbemont <pdherbemont at free.fr> | Tue
> Jun 23
>> 22:03:57 2009 -0700| [dfa5d0bac97b05b83ba493ecf5516c1af1fc0e72] |
> committer:
>> Pierre d'Herbemont
>>
>> libvlc: Abort in case of unhandled exception.
>
> Why ?
> exceptions are not always critical, and vlc can still run ok after an
> exception.
> So if the user choose not to handle some of them, I don't think we should
> abort.

+1.
Also many functions return error codes anyway, so the caller may be
handling the error even without a dummy exception parameter. Really, this
exception thing might be cool to interface with higher-level languages, but
it just sucks for native applications.