[vlc-devel] RE : .xspf, ml and Windows

brezhoneg1 brezhoneg1 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 24 13:49:40 CEST 2009

<jb at videolan.org>
> wrote:
> > Blocking the release is still the various xspf issues and file:///
vs
> > file:// issues:
> >
> >  - ml.xspf is never opened at start because it tries to open
> >    file://C:\...\ml.xspf instead of file:///C:\...\ml.xpsf.
Therefore it
> > is
> >    rejected...
> >  - saving a playlist in .xspf works well, but opening fails to
recognize
> >    file:///C:\file.mp3 like elements saying it cannot open
> '/C:\file.mp3'
> >
> > As far as I am concerned, this is blocking the release.
>
> Both issues should be fixed, but I still need to fix the directory
access
> which explodes on relative paths.

I tested it on Windows. Media library is back in working condition.

Just a cosmetic thing : The full URI of items is displayed in the
playlist, instead of a short filename. The culprit is
"input_item_SetURI()" in src/input/item.c that still uses DIR_SEP_CHAR.

Maybe, For Windows, first testing against '/' then DIR_SEP_CHAR could
ensure the filename(without path) is displayed in all situations ?

Rgds
Erwan10