[vlc-devel] Squealing and VLC - graphics card related?

Andre-John Mas ajmas at sympatico.ca
Wed Jun 24 20:39:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

There is currently a thread in the MacOS X forum, where some people
are complaining about an audible squealing when using VLC:

http://forum.videolan.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60600&sid=4c7a7411a1d29ac662c109e12b585c4c&start=0

I looked around the net, since I don't have this issue myself, and I
get the impression that this is video card related:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26729168
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1034248563
http://www.silentpcreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=53380

One user's analysis indicates this only started happening after VLC
0.5.2. Two users indicated that they are using ATI graphics card. Did
anything change in the graphics card interaction? Maybe a setting
changed?

Andre-John