[vlc-devel] Nightlies for Mac Intel x86_64?

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 24 23:20:28 CEST 2009

Am 24.06.2009 um 23:00 schrieb Andre-John Mas:

> On 24-Jun-2009, at 16:51, Felix Paul Kühne wrote:
>

>> Am 24.06.2009 um 22:40 schrieb Andre-John Mas:
>>
>>> Are there any nightlies for MacOS X x86_64? I could not see any
>>> here:
>>
>> There are no nightly builds because the only machine doing these
>> builds at all right now is the Macbook right in front of me. I see
>> if I can upload an updated build on Friday. I'll post the URL here
>> then. Sorry for the confusion with my comment in trac.
>>
>> I guess that we will start to provide 64bit nightly builds once Mac
>> OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard is released. It is currently required to do
>> these builds and I'm not allowed to install it publicly due the
>> respective NDA. On Leopard, while the 64bit build might be fun to
>> play with, it won't show much difference, so the current setup is
>> fine IMO.
>
> My goal is to test with 10.5.7. I do realise the intent of the 64-
> bit build is for Snow Leopard, but I would like to test stability
> with 10.5, on Core 2 Duo machines.

I certainly understand that.

I'll provide hand-compiled 64bit builds throughout this summer, as it
is my major development environment now. Still, builds will be posted
from time to time only and only if it makes sense. VLC 1.0.0 will get
one for sure, which doesn't crash on quit, but with the other known
limitations.

Felix