[vlc-devel] commit: xspf: Fix a crash on track elements without a location ( Derk-Jan Hartman )

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Thu Jun 25 16:24:34 CEST 2009

On 25 jun 2009, at 14:54, jpd at videolan.org wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 02:50:11PM +0200, R??mi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>> I would tend to assume that the XSPF file contains a no-op entry for
>> a reason in the first place. Rather than try to second guess and skip
>> the entry, I would rather import it as a no-op entry, in fact as this
>> commit does.
>
> Yes, but then it might contain more non-nop entries in the same track,
> which we _don't_ support. Support for that would be nicer, of course.

No, a track can only have 1 nop (when there are no locations). A track
is a SINGLE input/playlist entry. It's just that this entry can have
multiple locations. This is designed for rollover in case one of the
URIs is not available (in shoutcast and other modules, we usually turn
these things into nodes with subelements.

Perhaps it's time to implement "rollover" uri's in meta for instance?
Shouldn't be too hard to make use of those from the core. Shouldn't be
too hard I think.

DJ