[vlc-devel] Once more the status of 1.0.0

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Jun 26 22:47:13 CEST 2009

On 24 jun 2009, at 16:03, Derk-Jan Hartman wrote:
> These are the only serious issues as far as I care.
>
> * art broken in windows build.
> ** Caused by http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=commitdiff;h=a654d4a14edf1a3925cfa731c965652832f01ef2
> , file:/// is used on win32
> ** For 1.0 I think we can #ifdef WIN32 our way around this in the
> Qt4 interface. I mean Qt4 is not used by WINCE right ?
> ** Things that might still potentially be broken on Windows, but are
> less important are modules/meta_engine/folder.c, http interface and
> notify.

This should be solved now, right ?
I'd love to hear anything either way.

> * leaks in libass
> ** This is one serious leak of ass_render_frame() but i don't
> understand how that thing works.

8 libvlccore.2.dylib RunThread video_output/video_output.c:1195
7 libvlccore.2.dylib vout_RenderPicture video_output/vout_pictures.c:444
6 libvlccore.2.dylib spu_RenderSubpictures video_output/
vout_subpictures.c:399
5 liblibass_plugin.dylib UpdateRegions /Users/hartman/Development/vlc-
old/modules/codec/libass.c:354
4 libass.3.dylib ass_render_frame
3 libass.3.dylib ass_render_event
2 libass.3.dylib render_text
1 libass.3.dylib render_overlap
0 libSystem.B.dylib calloc

This looks like a leak of the ass_composite_cache. #mplayerdev advised
me to try and use git://greg.geekmind.org/libass.git
I have tried this, and it has the same leaky behaviour.

> * crash in libmpeg2.c
> ** https://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/2883
> ** libmpeg2 now crashes on leaking pictures, which apparently can
> still happen (bad mpeg2dec)

At this time, I can only think to switch the default prio of libmpeg2
to lower than that of avcodec...

DJ