[vlc-devel] commit: libvlc: Abort in case of unhandled exception. (Pierre d'Herbemont )

jpd at videolan.org jpd at videolan.org
Sat Jun 27 12:39:59 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:21:58AM -0700, Pierre d'Herbemont wrote:

> Very pragmatic, no design in mind, no religion on exception. Just
> fixing bugs.

Sounds to me it might be cleaner to achieve the same or better code by
dropping exceptions entirely. I'd like to hear arguments pro or con
by people who haven't spoken out on this yet. Opinions?

As a sidenote, it is probably a reasonably large amount of work, so if
we are going to do this we need either a flag day or a way to remain
backward compatability for a release or two. Opinions on how to do the
latter also welcomed.