[vlc-devel] commit: Remove enums from public APIs ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jun 29 17:59:48 CEST 2009

Le lundi 29 juin 2009 18:47:06 Pierre d'Herbemont, vous avez écrit :
> This makes the API much more understandable, and could allow some type
> checking with checkers.

By the way, if the API is not understandable, I would rather blame:
1/ the lack of parameter name in declarations,
2/ the helpless documentation style (e.g. "set_foo_bar() sets the bar for
foo") for some functions,
3/ the lack of global picture in the documentation - apart from the .Net
bindings - we pretty much only have functions description, but no front and
section matter,
4/ the obscure event handling and timing constraints,
5/ the obscure reference handling.

And that's what I collected from trying to write bindings myself...

http://www.remlab.net/