[vlc-devel] commit: macosx: redesigned the Open panel to be more suitable for less-skilled users ( Felix Paul Kühne )

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Tue Mar 3 17:31:04 CET 2009

Le mardi 3 mars 2009 16:49:23 Jean-Baptiste Kempf, vous avez écrit :

> > >That, I don't know for sure...
> >
> > Well, that's the old cruft. I'll probably change the layout and labels
> > a bit to let it look a bit less 90's style. (Same for the Volume and
> > File tabs btw.)
>
> Why not having just the same line for RTP and RTP multicast and let the
> port box appear when those protocols are detected?

Indeed, you can handle both with a single field. And it is more powerful, as
you can then select a specific IP address on which to receive packets (if
your computer is multi-homed). Then again, that feature is not terribly
useful. Worse, many user think they should put the address of the sender when
doing unicast and that's wrong: they need to put the address of their own
computer.

It's a tradeoff; I do not think there is a "right" way.

N.B.: You cannot have both raw UDP and RTP/UDP with the same MRL, at least not
currently!

http://git.remlab.net/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=vlc-courmisch.git;a=summary