[vlc-devel] Beta release (was Re: String Freeze)

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Thu Mar 5 08:58:19 CET 2009

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 01:36:25 +0100, Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at chewa.net>
wrote:
> It would be good to freeze the strings and maybe do a beta release so
> that we get ready for the release and get the opportunity to our beloved
> users to report bugs before it's too late.

I know a pair of nasty regressions with DVD playback. Interaction is still
fundamentally racy and crashing. Also, there are evidently some problems on
Windows (as usual).

I am not opposed to a pre-release or test release, but we should clearly
state what known big issues are alongside. I am definitely opposed to a
Release Candidate at this point.