[vlc-devel] libvlc access to each frame..

basos g noxelia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 15:44:35 CET 2009

2009/3/4 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 09:00:31 -0300, "buhochileno at gmail.com"
> <buhochileno at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I need to know if there is a way to take the current frame of the current
>> play
>
> The vmem video output steal images from the video output pipeline, but you
> will need to do the unsafe marshaling by hand.
>
>> and even modifie the content of the frame previous to the display
>> (to see the analisys on the screen..), something like the frame
> pointer?..
>
> That is not possible without changes.
>
> --
> Rémi Denis-Courmont

You could implement a video filter (extfilter) (taking another as a
guideline (e.g. blur or motion detect) that has a
  p_sys->pf_frame_callback ( picture_t*) function pointer.
Also you could init this pointer with a config var (e.g.
--extfilter-filter-callback=0x43454343 )

And have a Filter function on the extfilter filter like this ( no
memory management code on this example) :

Filter( p_pic )
{
   if ( p_sys->pf_frame_callback )
        p_out = p_sys->pf_frame_callback( p_pic )
   else
        p_out = p_pic  ;
 return p_pic
}

Also with the internal vlc_includes you could apply modification or
filters to the picture_t struct.

That's all.

Good hacking...