[vlc-devel] VLC Memory corruption + leak

xxcv xxcv07 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 02:08:21 CET 2009

Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Mar 2009 12:11:24 +1100, xxcv <xxcv07 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Having seeing the lack of users testing and feedback on this ML
>> which I posted 2 days ago regarding ([vlc-devel] Core input code race
>> condition).
>>
>> Finally VLC crashed after that mounting memory usage
>> to 1.5 Gigabytes.
>>
>> In the real world if this does happen would have been unacceptable.
>>

> Of course, it is an issue. But it won't get fixed by complaining.
>
> It is great that we now have more people doing QA, because that was
> severely missing.
> But ramping up QA is useless without ramping up bug fixing.
> And this far, I have not seen any new bug fixer on Windows.

I know this doesn't sound very convincing nor is it optimistic.

I do agree with you. No much point of I talking to myself on the mailing
list
or Trac even if I made a million tickets nothing get fixed, or even show
some interest.
I am sure this bug isn't that easy to fix, so you / we can keep hoping
or hope,
for a fix/er to come.

Regards.