[vlc-devel] Bug in HTTP access module

Ilkka Ollakka ilkka.ollakka+vlc at oamk.fi
Fri Mar 6 11:50:46 CET 2009

On pe  6. maaliskuuta 2009 11.41.36, Cyril MATHE wrote:

> I agree with you that VLC is asking for the entire file. What I' have
> said is that some embeded Apache server doesn't return the whole file, I
> don't really know why, but just one part of this file. So we need to ask
> for the next part when VLC finishes to read the previous part.

If http server tells using version 1.0 (or is asked to use version 1.0)
or using 1.1 and returning partial file without returncode 206 and
limits, it's serverside that buggy, and I'm against any workarounds on
that kinda cases.

But if it's something else, you could provide atleast request/responses
on that case with headers.

--
Ilkka Ollakka
For perfect happiness, remember two things: