[vlc-devel] [RFC] Wrapper to work around %z limitation on Windows

Pierre Ynard linkfanel at yahoo.fr
Fri Mar 6 13:35:21 CET 2009

Another question, do we want to divert all 8 *printf functions to
wrappers? It might be a little intrusive... For example, redefining
printf with a macro causes compilation warning when "__attribute__
((format (printf, x, y)));" is used.

For information, I grepped through the code, and all uses of %z are
with msg_* functions (which are covered by vsnprintf), except one in
modules/mux/mpjpeg.c, which uses snprintf to format a header.

Either way, I don't really mind, as it's easy to change which functions
are diverted to wrappers or not.

--
Pierre Ynard
"Une âme dans un corps, c'est comme un dessin sur une feuille de papier."