[vlc-devel] Interaction rewrite, OSX port

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:26:59 CET 2009

Hello Rémi,

thanks a lot for your detailed mail. I support the rewrite of the
interaction framework and I'll see if I get the chance to update the
OS X interface within the next week. From what I've seen from your
commits, this shouldn't be too hard to do. I know that you don't and
won't develop for the Mac and that's absolutely fine - that's how open
source works; people work on the stuff they want to. Thus, I won't
blame you at all for breaking the interface. I saw _a lot_ of crash
reports relating to the interaction code - it's a good idea to ditch it.

For the future, we'll see if new OS X developers join. For the time
being, I hope to keep it running... most likely, Pierre and Derk-Jan
can lend a hand here and there too, but obviously, we won't see any
actual new features.

Best regards,

Felix