[vlc-devel] commit: VLC pointer variable callback -> Qt4 signal class ( Rémi Denis-Courmont )

Dominique Leuenberger dominique at leuenberger.net
Tue Mar 10 16:56:16 CET 2009

Quoting Rémi Denis-Courmont <rem at videolan.org>:

> Le mardi 10 mars 2009 17:11:12 Dominique Leuenberger, vous avez écrit :
>> Not me, but the compiler if you do not agree:
>>
>> dialogs/external.cpp: In static member function 'static int
>> QVLCVariable::callback(vlc_object_t*, const char*, vlc_value_t,
>> vlc_value_t, void*)
>> ':
>> dialogs/external.cpp:57: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
>
> I don't see how this correlates to the Qt4 version problem.

Huh? AHHH!! Now I see your point. I actually sent several mails to the
list today already... and this commit log was in reference to exactly
the other one... let me cite it here again:

> Hi,
>
> The latest git master falls through my lint checks with:
> I: Program returns random data in a function
> E: vlc-beta no-return-in-nonvoid-function dialogs/external.cpp:57
>
> The code in question is:
>
> int QVLCVariable::callback (vlc_object_t *object, const char *,
>                            vlc_value_t, vlc_value_t cur, void *data)
> {
>    QVLCVariable *self = (QVLCVariable *)data;
>    emit self->pointerChanged (object, cur.p_address);
> }
>
> And indeed: no return value given :)
> On the other hand I'm not sure neither what is expected as a return
> value (if >at all one should be given).

That should hopefully clear the confusion... and teach me to be more
specific (or find the commit first and then make the entire mail in
one bunch).