[vlc-devel] Doubts on VLC audio handling

Assim Deodia assim.deodia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 09:29:46 CET 2009

Hi All,

I making a panning module for VLC as my final year project. I am having
following doubts regarding VLC audio handling.

1) In aout_filter_sys_t: I can see int's for every channel (i.e. i_left,
i_right etc) but not for LFE. does VLC handle in different way? I tried
adding i_lfe to the structure and also to output buffer, and played a 6ch
file. Still there was no sound in lfe. I have attached the code which i was
testing.

2) I wish to determine the number of channel my system support. I have a 5.1
system but
aout_FormatNbChannels( &p_filter->output ) was giving the number of channel
in file. Nor the values p_filter->input.i_physical_channels,
p_filter->input.i_original_channels, p_filter->output.i_physical_channels,
p_filter->output.i_original_channels are corresponding to number of
channels.

3) I need to do is to upmix a stream manually to the max supported channel.
Vista seems to do it atomically but i produce a 6ch stream from a 2ch
stream?

Looking forward to hear soon.

--
Regards