[vlc-devel] IR Remote control for VLC player??

Rohith Rajesh rohith.rajesh123 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 19:23:54 CET 2009

I am Rohith, 3rd year comp. science student from India.
I would like to know whether a package for controlling VLC player directly
with a remote control( a laptop with remote or a PC which has an IR port)
can be attached to the media player.
Has such a work been done before or such a plugin exist? Where can I
download the source code/plugin for that?

I would like to contribute to the Google Summer of Code program. Am I
approaching the mentors through this mail?
I am proficient in C, have knowledge of C++/Java and basics of Python, Lisp.