[vlc-devel] VideoLan Movie Creator

Ludovic Fauvet etix at l0cal.com
Fri Mar 27 15:07:47 CET 2009

Hello everyone,

Let me introduce you VLMC which stands for "VideoLan Movie Creator", a
non-linear video editing software based on libvlc. The idea came from
Jean-Baptiste Kempf who expressed the need to have a free and powerful
software for video editing purpose.
We are a six students team and we choosed to develop VLMC as our end
of studies project. The development started less than a month ago
using Qt/C++ as the primary language for cross platform concerns. The
deadline is fixed to mid december 2009, but some of us will surely
continue to work on it afterwards.

As some of our needs aren't fulfilled in libvlc, we hope to work
closely with VLC developers and provide some patches for upstream
inclusion within the next weeks.

You can reach us through:

IRC:
channel #vlmc on Freenode