[vlc-devel] vlc: Windows install and GPL dialog box - unfortunate "I agree" button

Jari Aalto jari.aalto at cante.net
Fri Mar 27 15:43:35 CET 2009

At install phase under Windows, the GPL dialog box contains button

    "I agree"

The opposite would be "I disagree", but both "Agree" and "disagree" pose
a problem because GPL does not need to agreed on or diagreed on in order
to be able to run the software.

In this regard GPL is not EULA[1][2], which, must be agreed/disagreed.

I would like to propose that the button text simply reads:

    [>> Next]

An example of similar Windows installation, which uses dialog to
announce GPL:

    [Windows installer picture]
    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.bazaar-ng.general/18002

Jari