[vlc-devel] Translation for VLC 1.0.0

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Fri Mar 27 01:51:04 CET 2009

Hello,

The release of VLC 1.0.0 is approaching and the strings have been
frozen.

So this is a call to all translators to start the translation for VLC
1.0.0

The main file to translate contains the strings from vlc itself.
It is in gettext .po format and can be edited with poEdit or
KBabel/LoKalize. Make sure to use UTF-8 as encoding.

The files can be found on http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=po
right click on "raw" and save to your computer.
They also can be found on http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/

If you have some work in progress in your translation and don't know how
to merge your .po with the new one, contact me.

If the file for your language is missing, please contact me.

If some strings present in the interfaces, don't appear in the .po file,
please contact vlc-devel at videolan.org .

There are 2 other files to translate if you have enough time.

The win32 installer: this is a simple text file. The encoding is the
default MSWindows encoding for this languages. The files can be found at
http://git.videolan.org/?p=vlc.git;a=tree;f=extras/package/win32/languages
. To create a new language, copy english.nsh and translate it.

Lastly, there is a few strings from the qt library, the files are at
http://people.videolan.org/~xtophe/l10n/qt4/

When you have done some progress on the translation, you can put the
file online and send the link to vlc-devel at videolan.org or you can send
me personaly the file.

Please remember that the .po files are to big to be sent to
vlc-devel at videolan.org.

Many thanks.

--
Xtophe

PS: Apologies for the ones who received this message several times.