[vlc-devel] Tag 0.9.9 : Christophe Mutricy : VLC Release 0.9.9

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 19:44:39 CEST 2009

Am 30.03.2009 um 00:09 schrieb git version control:

> [vlc] [branch: refs/tags/0.9.9]
> Tag:    f529a423d67f1e26911c7714a3af09f441a5b426
>> http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/vlc.git?a=tag;h=f529a423d67f1e26911c7714a3af09f441a5b426
>
> Tagger: Christophe Mutricy <xtophe at videolan.org>
> Date:   Sun Mar 29 22:21:44 2009 +0100
>
> VLC Release 0.9.9

Updated contrib packages are uploaded to ganesh now (replacing the old
0.9.9 packages). There was no change of any library's version, but
now, they are properly packaged (there used to be a problem with the
autotools...).

However, I've got a serious problem the PowerPC build for Mac OS X.
While the Intel-build plays everything I throw at it nicely and like
it should be, the PowerPC one does not. Playback of audio and video
files is impossible. The decoders are started, but never return any
decoded content, nor does the core provide any timing information
about the played item (just 0:00). I'm kind of clueless about that, so
put both binaries on [1] and I'd be glad to get any hints. If you need
access to veda, our G5 development machine, just tell me or The DJ
(who's hosting it right now). A usual videolan account can be accessed
through ssh.

Best regards,

Felix

[1] http://jones.videolan.org/~videolan/0.9.9-test/