[vlc-devel] Problem in VLC using V4L2 with analog camera.

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at videolan.org
Tue Mar 31 10:34:51 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009, Beyonlo wrote:
>     I have a interlaced analog SD camera connected a capture card
> (bttv) and capturing via composite.
>     I'm using v4l2 and I have problems with flicker (interlaced
> combing problem) with vlc 0.9.x when capturing in 320x240. But not is
> possible has flicker when capturing 240 lines, because 240 lines get
> only the even lines. If I getting 480 lines for example, flicker is
> correct, because getting even and odd lines, with 16 ms delay, because
> is needed two Fields to compose a 480 lines.
>     I tested too with v4l2 using mplayer and not have problem. I
> tested too with vlc 0.8.6 with v4l and not have problem. Problem
> happen only with VLC using v4l2.

Could you compile VLC with --disable-libv4l2 and test again? This will
disable a wrapper lib around the kernel v4l2 API which has been known to
cause issues. (Compiling 0.9.9 with or without that flag should also work,
since libv4l2 use is now default disabled at runtime)

If that doesn't fix anything, I'll try to investigate further.

Cheers,

--
Antoine Cellerier
dionoea