[vlc-devel] Chroma-key plugin for VLC as class broadcast client

Juan Fernando Herrera J. juanfhj at gmail.com
Mon May 4 16:45:12 CEST 2009

We would be broadcasting mostly to laypeople, so (not to my liking)
we're assuming our clients use windows. I'm considering microsoft's
way to alpha, using layered windows. As a GDI device context is
involved, it's the slow way, but I think 15fps would be ok for the
purpose at hand.

Right now I'm trying to trace this back to win32_specific.c, in which
the call ipcwindow = CreateWindow is made. Could I get an outline of
how vlc initializes and executes until reaching this call?

Thanks

JH