[vlc-devel] [LATTE] Privacy, what might that mean?

jpd at m2x.nl jpd at m2x.nl
Wed May 13 09:41:42 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 18:36, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> I realized today that VLC sends complete media locations to search engines
> via the meta stuff.

It also fails to not contact search engines when told to not do that.
IE telling it to ``only manually'' download cover art it takes to mean
``only sometimes do it anyway''. My fix proposal would be to remove
that support altogether since it both leaks information and seemingly
cannot be persuaded to stop.