[vlc-devel] New Document Icons for Mac OS X

Dominic Spitaler dominic.spitaler at gmail.com
Sat May 16 21:23:06 CEST 2009

I'm done with finishing & exporting the icons,
they now weight in at 2MB, that's about 500KB
more than the old icons.

I'm currently working on creating the patch.
Setting the icon file for a specific file type is done via Info.plist
(right?^^),
I've modified the Info.plist file for the new icons and am
currently testing them if the associations work correctly.

The Info.plist includes 56 document types (VLC 0.9.9),
vlc-interface.h around 70. Can I be sure that all document types
are specified in Info.plist or should I add some?

The .vlc document type is a playlist, is that right?

Should spx files have the OGG icon or a generic audio icon?

Somehow my mkv-files get the generic icon, not the mkv icon, any idea
why?

How shall I supply the patch? Just the info.plist and the icons in a
resource folder?

Dominic