[vlc-devel] possible race condition

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Sun May 17 19:35:52 CEST 2009

Le samedi 16 mai 2009 04:26:06 xxcv, vous avez écrit :
> It is strange that the library thread got called too late. Maybe who is
> responsible of the threading part of the code should polish it up a bit
> and stop been a slacker! Same to the person who is responsible for gui
> part of the code (go to hell).

Yeah, evidently if there is a race condition in some old piece of unmaintained
code, it has to be the threading and the UI code's fault. Except not.

I would not be credible if I complained about someone flaming on this mailing
list, for having done so myself too many times. But I can say that I am even
less inclined toward looking at your bug reports than I was earlier.

> Sorry for saying this but I get cyber (bullied) abused on trac tickets
> and that's enough. If you don't think it is a bug or you'd want to
> ignore tickets and release "shit" then whatever, like I ever cared about
> your project? Been wasting too much of my time helping you fixing (most
> stupid mistakes you made) bugs that you'd never fix.

> I don't know what you're thinking but I'm just a "user" wants to report
> bugs, not a programmer.

You did not give me any money, hence I have no moral obligation to fix your
bugs. Particularly, *your* bug reports are so typically unclear, incorrect
and/or unreproducible, and do not affecting the most critical pieces
(playback) so it should be no wonder that they never get addressed. Flaming
volunteer developpers is certainly not going to improve attention toward your
bug reports.

You have better things to do than learning to fix your bugs? Then why can't we
have better things to do than fixing other's people bugs? In my mother tongue,
we have a saying that there is no better service than one's own.

http://www.remlab.net/