[vlc-devel] Problem using libvlc

Andrea Visinoni andrea at puntualmenteinritardo.com
Tue May 19 19:13:54 CEST 2009

Hi there,
i've got some problem using libvlc in a C program under linux.
In attachment there is bunch of lines of code i use to initialize libvlc
in order to play some videos in a playlist.
I start with "libvlc_media_list_player_play"
My problem is that once the first video stops my app freeze and don't
jump to the next video, i can't even restart playing the first video.
Also using "libvlc_media_list_player_next" my app freeze.
Another problem is: how can i set contrast, brightness, hue ecc.. ?
I've tried modifying src/control/video.c adding and exporting my custom
function like this one:

void libvlc_video_set_contrast( libvlc_media_player_t *p_mi, float
contrast,
                                libvlc_exception_t *p_e )
{
	vout_thread_t *p_vout = GetVout( p_mi, p_e );

	if( !p_vout ) return;

	var_SetFloat( p_vout, "contrast", contrast );
     vlc_object_release( p_vout );
}

i get no errors, but i can't see a changes on the video...

Regards
Andrea